2016-2017 School Year
Date & Time
|Mock #1||Feburary 3rd, 2017 (3:45-7:00pm)||Burnaby South Secondary School (5455 Rumble St, Burnaby)||Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 @ 11:59pm||FREE||Event Complete|
|Mock #2||Feburary 3rd, 2017 (3:45-7:00pm)||Fleetwood Park Secondary School (7940 156 St, Surrey)||Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 @ 11:59pm||FREE||Event Complete|
|Mock #3||Feburary 3rd, 2017 (3:45-7:00pm)||Prince of Wales Secondary School (2250 Eddington Dr, Vancouver)||Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 @ 11:59pm||FREE||Event Complete|
We show below some of the information about one of the previous year's mock Math Challengers competitions to give (potential) competitors a sense of what to expect for the current year's Mock Math Challengers competitions.
- Competition Date: Wednesday, January 20st, 2016
- Registration Deadline: Friday, January 15th, 2016
- Competition Time: 4:15pm-7:45pm
- Venue: New Westminster Secondary School Library, rooms 148 & 149 (835 8th Street, New Westminster)
- Head Sponsor Teacher: Mr. Steven Ha (contact email: email@example.com)
- Cost: FREE
- Number of teams allowed per school: 6 teams/school, 5 members/team
- Grade level: Grade 9 and below (this contest is not separated by grade levels in terms of contest papers---both grade 8s and 9s receive the same contest papers---however, separate prizes will be given to the top grade 8 and 9 teams)
|Set-up; participants arrive at NWSS library||3:15-4:15pm|
|Instructions to participants; participants disperse to other rooms||4:15-4:35pm|
|Round 1: Blitz (40 minutes writing time)||4:35-5:15 pm|
|Round 2: Bull’s-eye (36 minutes writing time)||5:15-5:55 pm|
|Snack break||5:55-6:10 pm|
|Round 3: Co-op round (36 minutes writing time)||6:10-6:50 pm|
|Quick pre-Face-off break||6:50-7:00 pm|
|Face-off round||7:00-7:45 pm|
|Awards Ceremony & Dismissal||7:35-7:45 pm|
Rooms highlighted in yellow will be used for this Mock Math Challengers competition.
Usage of each room:
- Library: Briefing, main competition room, resting room during break.
- Room 149: CSSMA staff administrative office.
- Room 148: Marker's room.